The secret to a healthy and happy smile relies not only in excellent oral health care but also regular visits to your dentist at Robinson Wolfgramm Dental for professional cleanings and oral exams. Sometimes a cavity or two may have snuck into your mouth and could be eating away at your teeth without you even being aware of it. We strive to diagnose any cavities or other oral ailments that have occurred and to eradicate them in a timely and effective manner.
Take out cavities with professional dental fillings. Here are some perks to composite fillings and dental amalgams:
Advantages of composites:
– Composite fillings can be customized to match the color of a tooth.
– Some cavities are too small to be effectively fixed with amalgams. Composites can go closer and deeper to fill these cavities.
– If a composite filling needs to be repaired, the original filling does not need to be removed.
– Composite fillings contain no mercury, which some individuals may be allergic to.
– Composite fillings are extremely durable and can prevent tooth fracture.
Advantages of amalgams:
– Dental amalgams have been shown to be more effective and last longer in larger cavities compared to composite fillings.
– Dental amalgams take far less time to place in the dentist’s office.
– Dental amalgams have been around for over 150 years in America with a proven record of long-term success and quality.
Robinson Wolfgramm Dental wants to make your dental fillings as successful and timely as we can. You are welcome to schedule a visit to our office in Provo, Utah. For more information about which service suits you best, please book an oral exam with Dr. Taylor Robinson by calling our office at 801-373-2060. We look forward to fighting cavities for you!