As of the early 1990s, lasers have been successfully implemented and deployed in a variety of dental services. Not only are lasers highly effective at producing extremely precise behaviors, they are widely effective in a broad array of dental procedures to ensure maximum success for your smile.
Can lasers help improve your oral health? Listed below are some of the shared uses of laser dentistry:
– Cavities: When dental fillings are necessary, lasers can be used to clear the decay around cavities and prepare a tooth for a filling.
– Cancer Biopsies: Lasers can be used to remove a small sample of tissue from a person’s cheek for use in oral cancer biopsies.
– Oral Ailments: Lasers can accurately remove painful lesions and sores from inside a person’s mouth.
– Teeth Whitening Treatments: The gel used with many forms of professional whiteners can be activated with a light source such as a laser.
– Root Canal Therapy: When root canals are needed to save teeth, lasers are often applied to clear away excess bacteria and tissue to ensure the area is clean for the root canal therapy to be successful.
For a diagnosis and treatment, please contact Robinson Wolfgramm Dental to book an appointment with Dr. Taylor Robinson and our team at our dentist office in Provo, Utah. Call us at 801-373-2060. Let us help you achieve a healthy smile!